Nothing complex, just your basic review; intro paragraph, middle description of book, sometimes one to two paragraphs on personal commentary to wrap up. I may go off the yellow brick road sometimes, but not too often. I will usually give basic info about the book up top:
- Publisher/pg. count:
- Country/Time setting (if historical):
- ISBN #s:
- Date Published:
- Five scoops = lick the bowl clean excellent and highly recommended
- Four scoops = pretty good, the spoon looks pretty shiny again
- Three scoops = Not bad, it’s OK – texture’s slightly off maybe
- Two Scoops = Meh, should have gone with instinct and picked a different flavor
- One Scoop = Left too long in the freezer, can’t even get the scooper in it – not recommended
- DNF = Ultimate brain freeze. Your book hurt me, so I stopped reading and tossed it at the wall.
Solicitations for Scrutiny
A.k.a review requests
I am now occasionally taking review requests again, but I am still trying to limit the amount I take in. As has become tradition here at Lurv, I’m discontinuing the review request option for a few months to focus on books in my TBR pille as well as to continue trying to tackle what publishers are sending me. I will update this space again when I feel I can take requests from authors again. There’s only one reviewer here, and she has family-type folks who need lots of laundry done and food of all things.
- romance (historical and paranormal)
- science fiction
Please note that I do not read/review:
- Erotic of any kind (including most erotic romance)
- Women’s fiction/chick lit
- Self-help type stuff
- Things That Are Not What is Mentioned Above
Publishers/publicists/authors – I am unable to take any more blind mailings for book reviews. In other words, if you would like a review, please be able to specify the titles and/or what the book is about so that I can determine if I will take them or not. I’m on one blind mailing list that keeps me under a steady stream of books I might or might not read, and it’s enough, believe me.
Even if I am not able to take your book for review when you request, I sincerely appreciate your interest and will always do my best to accommodate requests. Unless I’m under that Period of No Review Requests Mentioned Above.
Other forms of author promo are options as well, so please email me if you have a blog tour, interview you’d like to do or another like idea. Also, please try to be as succinct and specific as possible when suggesting promotions or a guest spot topic. I’ve had a few that were vague, and I don’t always have time to search around the interwebs for information that would’ve been nice to get from you straight away. I don’t guarantee a spot on the blog for your promo, as I have to decide if your request is a good fit for this space, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. I appreciate you asking! At this time I’m busy trying to get my blog reviewing momentum back and need to focus on that. Since I haven’t had much time to devote to this place, I’m discontinuing any author promo unless it’s something I initiate myself. I do apologize for that, but I want to build that momentum back up so I can feel as if I even have an interesting place readers would like to hear about your work at. This may change later, and I’ll change the info here if I feel I can do author promo again.