Nothing complex, just your basic review; intro paragraph, middle description of book, sometimes one to two paragraphs on personal commentary to wrap up. I may go off the yellow brick road sometimes, but not too often. I will usually give basic info about the book up top:
- Country/Time setting (if historical):
- Date Published:
- Five scoops = lick the bowl clean excellent and highly recommended
- Four scoops = pretty good, the spoon looks pretty shiny again
- Three scoops = Not bad, it’s OK – texture’s slightly off maybe
- Two Scoops = Meh, should have gone with instinct and picked a different flavor
- One Scoop = Left too long in the freezer, can’t even get the scooper in it – not recommended
- DNF = Ultimate brain freeze. Your book hurt me, so I stopped reading and tossed it at the wall.
Solicitations for Scrutiny & Other Requests
A.k.a review requests& Promotional Questions
I do not currently accept ARCs or consider review requests unless it’s a book/series/author I’m already highly interested in. This is just my space to record my thoughts on books and related things.
- romance (historical, paranormal, contemporary)
- science fiction
Please note that I do not read/review:
- Erotic of any kind (including most erotic romance)
- Women’s fiction/chick lit
- Self-help type stuff
- Things That Are Not What is Mentioned Above in What I do Read
- Your weird “personal products”
Please do not send me any requests/offers to advertise on my site, offers to write guest posts on fertilizers/hair care stuff/the weather, Canadian pill savings, Ruwandan prince-turned-refugee bank account numbers….etc.
Anything of any promotional nature at all book-wise will always be initiated by me.